Scout Merit Badge and Webelos Programs
Hands-on Education is the Key to Enthusiastic Learning!Our programs are designed to cover all the requirements needed to receive your merit badge, belt loop or pin. Blue cards will be signed off after you have completed all requirements. If you still have requirements remaining following the program, simply complete the requirements and send proof of completion along with your Blue card to Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center and your Counselor will review the material, sign your card and mail it back to you. Please use the link(s) below to download a Merit Badge schedule. Check our calendar for updates to the Merit Badge schedule. Click the Download tab above or to the right for our listing of Merit Badge Overviews to answer questions about the Merit Badge of your choice.
- The Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center is proud of our Webelos program. We currently offer Naturalist, Geology, and Forestry. Pack Leaders are encouraged to call JMDC and schedule their program with a Counselor. Cost per class is $20 per scout.
- Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center is proud of our Girl Scout Program. Leaders are encouraged to call JMDC and schedule their programs with the Counselor. Gold Award and Silver Award projects are also encouraged at JMDC.
- Nearly every weekend JMDC sponsors Boy Scout Merit Badge programs. On Saturdays our programs begin at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm, and on Sundays our programs begin at 1:00 pm. Generally the merit badge program’s length is 3-4 hours. Cost per Merit Badge program is $20 due at registration. Please visit our DOWNLOAD page to get a copy of the merit badge overview for your chosen merit badge. Remember – Be Prepared! Have a copy of the Merit Badge Handbook and have completed as many of the requirements as you can or are expected in the overview. This will help you to get a complete signed Blue Card at the end of the day. If you do not complete all of the merit badge requirements, you will have a partially signed Blue Card with items to complete. When you have completed those requirements send/bring them in to the office with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to have your Blue Card signed and returned to you.
Join us on April 8th and 22nd for two special Scouting Merit Badge programs. On April 8th at 9:00 am., Master Woodcarver Rick Pohlers will be presenting the Woodcarving Merit Badge Part 1. Part 2 will be held on April 22nd at 9:00 am.
On April 8th at 1:00 pm., Judy Graeber will present the Indian Lore Merit Badge. Part 2 of Indian Lore Merit Badge will be held April 22nd at 1:00 pm.
The cost is $20.00 per Merit Badge program (includes both Part 1 and Part 2). Space for both programs are limited, so sign up early. You will not want to miss these two very special Counselors presenting these Merit Badge programs! Contact JMDC office (951) 685-5818 for more information.
- Eagle Service Projects for Life Scouts are available.
- To sign up for programs or for more information, please call 951-685-5818. You can also request information by sending an email to