Scout Merit Badge and Webelos Programs
Hands-on Education is the Key to Enthusiastic Learning!
Our programs are designed to cover all the requirements needed to receive your merit badge, belt loop or pin. Blue cards will be signed off after you have completed all requirements. If you still have requirements remaining following the program, simply complete the requirements and send proof of completion along with your Blue card to Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center and your Counselor will review the material, sign your card and mail it back to you. To register for a merit badge please go to our home page and click on the link to Eventbrite to register and make payment.
Please use the link(s) below to download a Merit Badge Schedule. Check our calendar for updates to the Merit Badge Schedule. Click the Download tab above or to the right for our listing of Merit Badge Overviews to answer questions about the Merit Badge of your choice.
- The Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center is proud of our Webelos program. We currently offer Naturalist, Geology, and Forestry. Pack Leaders are encouraged to call JMDC and schedule their program with a Counselor. Cost per class is $25 per scout. Call the office, 951.685.5818, to arrange a Webelos program.
GIRL SCOUT PROGRAM
- Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center is proud of our Girl Scout Program. Leaders are encouraged to call JMDC, 951.685.5818, and schedule their programs with the Counselor. Gold Award and Silver Award projects are also encouraged at JMDC.
SCOUT BSA MERIT BADGE PROGRAM
- Nearly every weekend JMDC sponsors Scout BSA Merit Badge programs. On Saturdays, our programs begin at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm, and on Sundays, our programs begin at 1:00 pm. Generally, the merit badge program’s length is 3-4 hours. Cost per Merit Badge program is $25 paid through Eventbrite from the link on the home page. Please visit our DOWNLOAD page to get a copy of the merit badge overview for your chosen merit badge. Remember – Be Prepared! Have a copy of the Merit Badge Handbook and have completed as many of the requirements as you can or are expected in the overview. This will help you to get a complete signed Blue Card at the end of the day. If you do not complete all of the merit badge requirements, you will have a partially signed Blue Card with items to complete. When you have completed those requirements send/bring them into the office with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to have your Blue Card signed and returned to you.
To discuss service projects for Girl Scout or Scout BSA call our office, 951.685.5818. A Staff member will be glad to assist you.
- Silver and Gold Award projects are available.
- Eagle Service Projects are available.
We’re open Tuesday – Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sundays 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm. We are closed on Mondays.
To get more information, please call 951-685-5818. You can also request information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org